** Watch in FULL SCREEN! Scroll over the video, click the icon in the lower right and turn "STRETCH" ON.**
Air Date: January 24, 2011
Hosted by: Mike Dinow
1. Equipment from the Department of Beaches and Harbors has been put to use all the way across the country, aiding in the cleanup of the Gulf Coast oil spill.
2. The lives of a local family, transformed in a remarkable way, thanks to the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at LAC + USC Medical Center.
3. Antelope Valley residents can now get financial help with pet care thanks to a partnership with the Department of Animal Care and Control.
4. Property owners can get help lowering their tax assessment and Los Angeles County is offering a series of free workshops on how to do just that.
5. The Department of Public Works gears up before winter storms by running regular tests on huge valves within the San Gabriel Dam.
6. An outreach effort by the Human Relations Commission is bringing a musical message of tolerance and anti-violence through a new band known as The Bricks. - Los Angeles County Channel