Air Date: April 11, 2011
Hosted by: Mike Dinow
1. The personal and professional priorities of Dr. Mitchell Katz – in a profile of the new director of the Department of Health Services.
2. The County’s investment in healthcare facilities in the South Bay reached a milestone with a topping-out ceremony at Harbor/UCLA Medical Center’s $322 million expansion project.
3. It was a good month for the County’s DISARM Program, taking more than 100 firearms and nearly $4 million in drugs and cash off the streets, adding to the 7,000 firearms and $200 million seized since the program began in 2000.
4. The Traffic Management Center at the Department of Public Works goes high tech to give drivers a smooth commute.
5. Pet owners in unincorporated communities will have to follow new rules as the Department of Animal Care and Control begins enforcement of an advanced ordinance.
6. Geometry takes the spotlight in sculptures, drawings, and paintings in a new exhibit at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art. - Los Angeles County Channel